Women in Action Military Movies
Women play a vital role in the military. Over 200 years, the image of women in the armed forces has changed from child bearers to be equally competitive with men. No one could ever question the eligibility of women in the military nowadays. Mighty women in history have proved that anyone regardless of gender can serve her country and fight until the end.
So much for the introduction. . . How about we sideline to the world of entertainment and some look on several military roles played by women on hit movies of the millennium? They are not only straightforward with their stunts but also very gorgeous and witty when handling guns. Here are the top women who played military roles in a military movie.
- Judy Benjamin — starred in the comedy movie “Private Benjamin” wherein she plays as a gold digger turned capable soldier. Judy as a prima Madonna accidentally joined the US armed forces . . . and your wrong if you thought she’d gave up such tremendous training. Private Benjamin carried through and became a soldier despite the discrimination she had from her superiors. It’s a good reminder to never ever judge a book by its cover.
- Ellen Ripley — back off aliens, here comes Ellen Ripley the Warrant Officer to take you off. Originally written for a male character, the movie soared as Sigourney Weaver took on the role as the first female superhero who roamed the big screen. The science fiction was first to be a woman to headline a sci-fi movie franchise.
- Jill Valentine — Known as the fore-runner of the ever popular Resident Evil sequel. Jill Valentine played by Sienna Guillory was a part of the STARS, a special operation group. She was considered to be the weaker member of the team but eventually rose into heroism. This movie is the mother of all video game heroes of today.
- Jordan O’Neil — who else can forget Lieutenant Jordan O’Neil who shaved of her hair and stood straight in the military schools training program in the Navy? Played by Demi Moore, this movie the virtue of perseverance when Jordan O’Neil’s character was put to test and everyone expects her to give up. But iron-willed Jordan never gave up and showed to his superiors that she was as capable as other men out there.
- Karen Walden — Though, the ending wasn’t some fairytale sort. Captain Karen Walden played by Meg Ryan sacrificed everything for her troops. These also pictured that woman can make rational decisions even at extreme conditions.
These actresses didn’t go to any girls military schools but such motion films shows the skills of women especially when paired with some military training. This gives us the idea that everyone has the potential to serve in the army regardless of who they are.