Military Jobs and Careers - Warehousing and Distribution Specialists
Since the military is spending millions of dollars for ammunitions, medicines, spare parts, and other supplies, the proper inventory of these regular purchases must be addressed. The military also hired the services of Warehousing and distribution specialists to maintain the smooth operation of keeping them at the right place and proper inventory. They are considered enlisted personnel in the organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Warehousing and distribution specialists in the military include:
• Spearhead in conducting inventory of received items as well as those to be distributed to military bases
• Make a complete indexing of catalog of the items for reference and proper identification
• Direct in selecting the stocks to be sent to military installations
• Use hand trucks and forklifts to load and unload supplies and medicines before they are properly placed into inventory
• Make appropriate recordings of received stocks as well as those that are coming
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes business administration, math, accounting and bookkeeping. Other helpful attributes also include:
• Excellent skills in keeping good recordings of the items received and those to be distributed to military bases
• Enthusiasm in operating vehicles to load and unload products and supplies
• Readiness to physical strenuous activities as well as works that need attention to more details
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are also good training programs. Other subject matters that are also equally important are:
• Basics on stock control as well as procedures in accounting
• Basics procedures for receiving, issuing stock, as well as storing of supplies
• Basics for handling food supplies and medicines
• Maintenance of ammunitions and storage
The Warehousing and Distribution Specialists in the military work in warehouses, store rooms, in land and on board military ships.
The civilian warehousing and distribution specialists work in repair shops, sales and service parts stores, factories and in several other government agencies. Their duties and functions are only similar with that of the military.