Military Jobs and Careers - Sales and Stock Specialists
For the easy access of personal needs among personnel in military bases the organization places retail stores that sell merchandize and food. The Sales and Stock Specialists direct the operational management of these retail stores. They are also considered enlisted personnel in the military organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Sales and Stocks Specialists in the military include:
• Make orders and recording of stocks for the store operation
• Conduct inspection for spoil items before receiving
• Make own pricing of retail items before they are sold to members using stamp pad
• Make accounting and invetory of stocks for proper recording
• Direct in the operation of cash registers to carefully record daily sales
• Make deposits of sales to the bank as well as prepare computer records
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes mathematics and bookkeeping. Other helpful attributes also includes:
• Excellent skills in doing work using calculators and computers
• Enthusiasm in dealing with people and customers so that they can feel they are part of the business that keeps growing everyday
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training programs. Other course contents that are also beneficial subject matters also include:
• Basics and procedures in recording, dispensing and stock inventory so that actual recording can be perfected
• Enthusiasm in personally dealing with store customers so that good rapport would convert into more sales in the future
The Sales and stock specialists in the military work in military-run stores aboard ship as well as store rooms in land.
The civilian Sales and stock specialists work in department stores, retail stores, malls, boutiques, and grocery stores. Their duties and functions are only the same with that of the military.