Military Jobs and Careers -
Petroleum Supply Specialists
Fuel and lubricants are among the huge expenses that the military is spending everyday to fully maximize its activities – since the organization uses thousands of vehicles, planes and trucks. The Petroleum Specialists are enlisted personnel in the military that are task to take charge of the proper storage and handling of petroleum products.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Petroleum supply specialists in the military include:
• Use houses and pumps to transfer fuel to vehicles, ships, airplanes and railroad cars
• Conduct testing of oil to identify pollutants
• Conduct repair to malfunctioning pipelines, pumps, valves and hoses
• Conduct regular check on the volume of petroleum products stored in barges, tankers, and other storage facilities
• Keep records of daily fuel usage
• Use forklifts to move petroleum products
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes business math and shop mechanics. Other helpful attributes also include:
• The will to religiously follow work instructions
• Enthusiasm in dealing with machines and other equipment
• Readiness to submit to physical strenuous work
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training program. Other important subject matters also include:
• Basic procedures in oil testing
• Refueling system as well as basics in airplane refuel gadgets
• Planning of the schedules in transporting of fuel and other petroleum products
• Safety measures when handling flammable and dangerous materials
The Petroleum supply specialists in the military work outdoors and in all weather conditions. They conduct refueling in fuel tanks, plane and ships.
The civilian Petroleum supply specialists work in petroleum companies, gasoline stations, refineries, airline companies, shipping lines, and large airports. Their duties and functions are also similar with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Transportation and Logistics Military Jobs