The military the services of Logisticians so that people, equipment and proper materials must be placed in its proper positioning. The work needs the exprtise of Logisticians. In fact, the Logisticians are considered as Officers in the chain of command because of their contribution to the daily activities inside military bases all over the globe. They are responsible in developing good plans and identifying the right variables like requirements for the supplies, personnel, transportation and equipment.
The usual duties and responsiblities of Logisticians in the military chain of command include:
• Make negotiations before buying goods for the military supplies
• Process orders and also determine orders are to be executed to get the desired results in buying fo the right products in the market
• Dispose of resources as well as properly distribute them
• Make coordination with other existing groups to know the updates in the flow of materials
• Make coordination for maintenance and transportation for the safe deployment of personnel
• Make use of mathematical formulas to solve logical data
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military include statistics, resource allocation and management. Other helpful attributes also include:
• Excellent skills in coordinating with groups as well as with individual efforts
• Excellent skills in working with good idead clearly and efficiently
• Enthusiasm in knowing the problem as well as implementing solutions
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training programs. Other course contents that are also important are:
• Basic procedures in contracting and purchasing
• Strategies in resource allocation
• Personnel coordination as well as transportation
The Logisticians in the military work in cargo shops, warehouses, as well as in the office. They also travel to other bases when the need arises.
The civilian Logisticians work in industrial and manufacturing companies. Their duties and responsibilities are only the same with that of the military.