Military Jobs and Careers -
The military received thousands of cargoes, supplies, weapons and mail and deliver them to various military installations all over the globe. In order to maximize productivity and make the work easier and fast for the organization, the military hired the services of Cargo Specialists. They are enlisted personnel in the organization and they take charge of efficient deliveries of these cargoes to the right owners, as well the bulk of supplies that are also delieved to military bases worldwide.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Cargo Specialists in the military organization include:
• Use forklifts to load cargoes and supplies to transport planes, trucks, and send them to its real destinations
• Use dockyard cranes to load equipment like trucks, jeeps, as well as weapons to the ship
• Carefully pack supplies for safe forwarding to its military bases all over the globe
• Conduct inspection from cargoes to properly check for damage items
• Spearhead in inspecting loands for safety and balance
• Check invoices so that proper documenttation and receipt papers are known before they are sent to its destinations
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military include business mathematics and general office. Other helpful attributes also include:
• Enthusiasm in working with cranes as well as forklifts
• Readines to undergo physical strenous work during peak cargo handling
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in this kind of job in the military are also ideal training programs. Other course contents that are also helpful are:
• Basic and procedures in handling equipment such as forklifts, cranes and power winches
• Basic procedures in loading and unloading of cargoes
• Strategies in scheduling cargo fast and efficient to reach to its destinations at the proper time
• Techniques in the careful handling of fragile cargoes so that it can reach destinations without being broken or clamped down
The Cargo specialists in the military work in warehouses, dockyards as well as and loading places. They also work aboard naval vessels when the need arises.
The civilian cargo specialists work in ports, piers, trucking firms, cargo forwarding companies, shipping lines, bus companies, stevedoring companies. Their duties and functions are onlt the same with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Transportation and Logistics Military Jobs