Military Jobs and Careers -
Recreation, Welfare and Morale Specialists
One of the basic missions of the military is to provide for the general well being of the people under its area of responsibility in times of peace and difficult situations. The leadership has always been open to various developments to carry out its mission of serving the people to the highest level. To maximize the program, the military hired the services of Recreation, welfare and moral specialists. They are considered enlisted personnel in the military organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Recreation, welfare and morale speciallists in the military organzation include:
• Spearhead in planning for social functions as well as other recreational activities
• Make reports of daily activities so that results can be evaluated for further instructions
• Prepare inventory records of purchases, receiving of equipment as well as storage of equipment
• Spearhead in the operation of clubs, movies and sports equipment
• Direct in conducting surveys to determine the attitudes of the members of the organization as well as their dependents
• Make schedules of property maintennace
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes speech communications, psychology, physical education as well as physical education. Other helpful attributes also include:
• Enthusiasm in dealing with people as far as certain programs are concerned
• Excellent skills in group organizing
• Enthusiasm in sports, crafts and arts and other sports activities
• Enjoy teaching, care for other needs as well as helping them grow
• Doing work with only minimal supervision
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training programs. However, there is no such training in the military. The kind of training maybe obtained outside of the military organization.
The Recreation, welfare and morale specialists in the military work in government and private agencies, as well as aboard military vessels.
The civilian Recreation, welfare and morale specialists work in vocational rehabilitation, nursing homes, libraries, social services, fitness centers, department of parks and recreation, colleges and universities, and private and government offices.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Personal and Culinary Services Military Jobs