Military Jobs and Careers -
Radiology (X-Ray) Technicians
The use of X-rays or what is commonly known as Radiology has also become part of the health care we can find in military hospitals and clinics. The military hired the services of Radiology technicians and they task to help physicians detect diseases and injuries by using equipment such as x-rays, ultrasound and other image ralated technology. They are considered enlisted personnel in the military organzation.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Radiology technicians in the military chain of command include:
• Follow physcian’s request of conducting x-rays on patients to determine the extent of damage or injuries which maybe a result of accident or any related matters
• Place patients under x-ray examinations with the physician’s go signal and instructions
• Conduct operation on imaging gadget to test the patients
• Direct the adjustment of equipment when adjustments are needed to get good resuts in the process
• Administer and prepare radioactive solutions so that patients would understand the causes of their health problems
• Keep files on patients check ups, x-ray results and all other diagnosis
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military sciences, algebra and biology. Other helpful attributes also include:
• The skills to follow the basics and procedures required to get satisfactory performance from the job
• Enthusiasm in accomplishing work that requires details
• Enthusiasm in letting others they are important by helping them
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training programs including apprenticeship in radiologic technology. Other course contents that are also important for the job are:
• Use of diagnistic imaging equipment to the highest standards
• Isotope therapy in radioactive technology
• Study of physiology and anatomy
The Radiology Technicians in the military work in clinics and military hospitals. In the event of combat situations they also work in mobile hospitals to treat wounded and injured soldiers. They also travel to other military installations when the need arises.
The civilian Radiology technicians work in government and private hospitals, medical laboratoires and diagnostic clinics. Their duties and responsibilities are also the same with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Medical and Clinical Military Jobs