Military Jobs and Careers -
Drugs that are prescribed by doctors and pharmacists are very important for proper treatment of patients. The military has already hired lots of health care professionals to give good attention to the health care needs of military members. Among them are Pharmacy Technicians who are considered enlisted personnel in the chain of command. They are responsible in the preparation of prescribed medicines as well to properly dispense them which is of course under the supervision of licensed Pharnacists in the organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Pharmacy technicians in the military organzation include:
• Conduct readings what is prescribed by Physicians as well to prepare these drugs
• Conduct measuring and weighing of these chemicals and drugs
• Conduct mixing of ingredients to get medications at their highest use and advantage for patients
• Spearhead in the preparation of labels as well as for prescriptions
• Keep the shipped drugs in cool placesand make easy references of these drugs
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes physiology, algebra, chemistry, anatomy, and biology. Other helpful attributes also include:
• The skills to properly follow basic rulesa and procedures
• Excellent skills in using standard equipment as well as precision instruments
• Enthusiasm in chemistry so that work perferomance would be more enhanced in the process
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training program. Course contents which are also ideal are:
• Regulations and laws pertaining to pharmacy as a profession
• Uses and types of drugs that are not harmful to the human body
• Proper mixing of drugs for the benefit of the patients as well as dispensing them
The Pharmacy technicians work in militrary clinics and hospitals in land - and also onboard ships. They also travel to other military instalations when the need arises that may require their expertise.
The civilian Pharmacy technician work in pharmacy stores, clinics, hospitals, colleges and universities, pharmaceutical companies. Their duties and functions are only the same with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Medical and Clinical Military Jobs