Military Jobs and Careers - Medical Laboratory Technicians
The military has also established medical laboratory since this is important for any health care system. The military hired the services of Medical laboratory technicians to lead in the detection of diseases by conducting examinations. They conduct test to identify these diseases which can be found in blood, tissues and body fluids. The medical laboratory technicians are considered enlisted personnel in the chain of command.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Medical laboratory technicians in the military include:
• Conduct analysis on specimens such as body fluids, tissues and blood
• Use microscope to examine bone marrow as well as blood
• Conduct tests on specimens to identify the presence of viruses and bacteria
• Get blood samples from patients to prepare for blood test
• Coordinate with physicians during autopsies
• Make files for patients records for easy reference in the future
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes algebra, chemistry and biology. Other helpful attributes also include:
• The eagerness to follow basic procedures at any given time
• Enthusiasm in learning about technical work
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training programs including specimen testing practice. Other helpful attributes are:
• Basic procedures in medical laboratory
• Human parasites study as well as on diseases
• Record keeping as well as laboratory administration
The Medical laboratory technicians work in medical clinics military hospitals in land and also on board ships.
The civilian Medical Laboratory Technicians work in private and government hospitals. They also work in clinics, laboratory facilities and research institutions.