Military Jobs and Careers -
Dental and Optical Laboratory Technicians
The military has also given so much importance of the teeth and eyes of its members with the employment of Dental and optical laboratory technicians. They are considered enlisted personnel in the organization and take care of the patient’s eyes and teeth by providing dental services and eye examinations.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Dental and optical laboratory technicians in the military chain of command include:
• Make regular dental services as well as eye examinations to patients
• Assemble and align optical and dental devices and provide other devices such as lenses and eye glass frames
• Conduct curing and hardening of dentures with the use of sophisticated equipment
• Polish and smoothen lenses and dentures
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military are chemistry, industrial arts and biology. Other course contents that are also helpful attributes also include:
• The skills to take procedures in higher considerations so that detailed instructions are followed carefully
• The skills to learn using instruments and other precision tools
• Enthusiasm in works that require details so that executions are efficient
• Enthusiasm in becoming a team member
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related job are also ideal training program. Other helpful subject matters are:
• Operating procedures in laboratory especially in dental and optical cases
• Basic procedures in using dental and optical devices
The Dental and optical laboratory technicians in the military work in clinics, hospitals. They also travel to other military installations when the need arises.
The civilian dental and optical laboratory technicians work in private and government-run hospitals, physician’s clinincs, dental and optical stores, pharmaceutical companies, big corporations, manufacturing and industrial companies, and colleges and universities.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Medical and Clinical Military Jobs