Military Jobs and Careers -
The use of photographs in the military has many other purposes. It maybe in news gathering, photo presentations of various projects, publications and intelligence gathering. Thus, the need for expert Photographic Specialists when there are need for photo enhancements, toning, shades and color improvements. The Photographic Specialists can make good adjustments in photos and should take care of these minor and major photo re-touch.
The duties and responsibilities usually performed by Photographic Specialists include:
• Controls of the selections of good cameras, films, and other gadgets use in photography
• Determine special effects in photos, camera angles, lighting and other methods of improving the quality of photos
• In charge of the taking of still photos for special military events, military hardwares and other photos which maybe needed in publications
• In charge in the developing of pictures, re-touch in the negatives and other related functions
• Take charge in the maintenance of photography equipments and other gadget
The school subjects which are helpful in photography may include basics in photography, mathematics and the arts. Helpful attributes include:
• The skills in recognizing what are quality photos from those need re-touch and refinement
• Has the ability to pinpoint accuracy and photo details
Training on the job include basics in photo developing, basics in photo enhancements and other classroom instructions related to photography. Content in the training modules include:
• Photographic knowledge on photo enhancements and editing
• Basics in photojournalism so that the Photographic Specialists would be able to increase more knowledge in the new photography methods including digital photography
• Knowledge on the proper care and maintenance of photography equipment
The Photographic Specialists work in photography studio except when there are outdoor schedules or motion picture filming where his expertise is needed. Sometimes he travels from military installations to another when there is a need to do so.
Civilian Photographic Specialists usually work in photog studio, wedding coordinators office, newspapers and advertising agencies. Their duties and responsibilities are just the same with the Photography Specialists in the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Media and Design Military Jobs