Military Jobs and Careers -
Broadcast Journalists and News Writers
There is also a need for the military organization to make publications such as newsletters as well as TV productions to announcement what is happening inside the chain of command ans what projects in the community they are curtrently undertaking. For this purpose, Boeadcast Journalists and News Writers in the military are tasked to do these functions such as presenting of news programs, radio talk shows, and other related medium where they can present themselves ot the public. In the military the Broadcast Journalist and Newswriters belong to enlisted personnel.
The following duties and responsibilities are perfomed by Broadcast Journalists and News Writers in the military:
• Find firsthand information about military activities for their daily news program in the TV and other publications
• Makes scripts for their regular radio and TV programs
• Writes news articles for publications and press releases
• Conducts interview from resource persons in the military as well as schedule interviews
• Makes quality news and TV videotaoes on military activities for commercial media
• Gather photos and write good captions for publications
• Writes features, editorials, etc.
Helpful subjects which could help enhance the job include Journlism, Developmenr Communication, English and Mass Media studies. Other attributes also include:
• The good skill to gather accurate record of information and ther information gathering techniques for very informative and presentation of facts
• The skill to write stories, features and editorials clearly to be able to impress readers
• Have the nose for gathering news information from various sources in order to present a more concise and very comprehensive reportorial of news in publications and broadcast media
• Forceful and clear voice when presenting the news in broadcast channels
Classroom instruction would be good source of a proper training for this job. Modules of the training should typically include:
• Research and newswriting to be able to learn the many techniques in gathering news sources
• Excellent performance for newspaper layout and format could be best enhanced in a Publisher software in the computer
• Study on photojournalism to be abe to understand the value of presenting both content and photos when presenting a news to the viewers
• Training for TV and and radio programming
Broadcast Journalist and News Writers work in military studio but sometimes on field assignments when establishing a good story or feature.
The works of Broadcast Journalists and News Writers are also the same with other professionals of the same type of job. They can work in newspapers, TV and broadcast stations and other news agencies which their skills can be best utilized.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Media and Design Military Jobs