Military Jobs and Careers - Marine Engine Mechanics
Small watercrafts to large vessels that are powered by both diesel and gasoline are among the biggest investments of the military organization. In order to maintain the vessels running condition, the organization also hires the services of Marine Engine Mechanics. They are task to repair these small and large vessels. They are considered enlisted personnel in the military.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Marine Engine Mechanics in the military organization include:
• Spearhead in the proper care and maintenance of small and large vessels which the military invested millions of pesos to acquire
• Find and repair defective parts such as valves, piping systems as well as other types of machinery parts
• Direct in the repair of the ship propulsion equipment
• Check and conduct repair of ship elevators and hoisting machinery
• Spearhead in checking and repair of air conditioning lines in ships
• Direct in the repair of electrical systems on small and large vessels
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Excellent skills in the use of bare hands and power tools
• Enthusiasm in taking time for the repair of vessel engines
• Willingness to do physical strenuous works
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal for training programs including repair and marine engine maintenance. Other helpful attributes include:
• Theory on internal combustion engine
• Basics in electrical machinery repairs
• Fuel injection systems care and maintenance
• Basics in engine repairs using hand power tools
The Marine Engine Mechanics work onboard ships most specifically at engine power rooms. They also at machine shops in military installations.
The civilian Marine engine mechanics work in big industries, commercial fishing, and oil exploration companies, shipping companies, and canning factories. Their work and functions are very similar with that of the military.