Military Jobs and Careers -
Heating and Cooling Mechanics
The military is also spending millions of dollars in its installations all over the globe for the heating and air conditioning alone – to give comfortable temperatures to its thousands of enlisted and military officers who work in offices. The maintenance of these air conditioning units needs the expertise of Heating and Cooling Mechanics. They are enlisted personnel in the military organization and they are responsible for the repair and installation of the equipment installed in military facilities.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Heating and Cooling Mechanics in the military include:
• Take charge in the repairs and installation of air conditioning units, boilers, and furnaces
• Take charge in the recharging of cooling systems
• Spearhead in the installations of tubing system for the purposes of installing air conditioning units
• Take charge in the replacement of defective electrical motors, valves, bearings, pistons, and other motors on refrigeration units
• Conduct check up and replacement of defective thermostats including electrical circuits
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes shop mechanics, mathematics and science. Other helpful attributes also includes:
• Excellent skills in using hand tools for the easy performance of the job that requires expertise
• Enthusiasm in learning to solve the problem
• Enthusiasm in knowing various machines as well as the way they are supposed to be worked out
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal for training including practice procedures in order to develop expertise in the job.
• The basics and procedures about refrigeration
• Basic procedures in repairs and installations of air conditioning units and refrigeration
• Basic procedures in repairs and installation of boilers
• Basic procedures in using charts and diagrams
The Heating and cooling mechanics in the military work in offices repairing and installation of defective air conditioning units. They also travel to other military installations when the need arises.
Non military employment
The civilian Heating and Cooling Mechanics work in industrial and manufacturing firms, colleges and universities which have maintenance departments. Their duties and functions are only the same with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Mechanic Military Jobs