Military Jobs and Careers -
The military needs the services of underwater divers especially during sea rescue operations. The Divers who are considered enlisted personnel in the military are tasked to perform this under water rescue. The scuba divers are expert divers who can stay under water for long periods of time. They can also stay under water up to 300 feet.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Divers in the military chain of command include:
• Conduct search and rescue operations efficiently and professionally
• Ensure recovery of equipment that had already sunk under water
• Conduct patrol operations below ships
• Check, repair and clean hulls and propellers
• Help in the harbor facilities and during construction of piers
• Conduct survey on beaches, rivers, and harbors to control under water obstacles
• Prepare explosives for clearing of obstacles under water
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• With high self esteem so that success in any endeavor is not farfetched
• Excellent skills to remain cool even on difficult and dangerous circumstances
• Enthusiasm in underwater diving
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training including repair work and practice in diving. Other course contents which are also helpful attributes include:
• Scuba diving basics and principles
• Cutting and welding procedures and techniques under water
• Diving equipment maintenance
The Divers in the military work in seas especially during rescue and retrieval operations. Since diving is not full time job in the military, diver also train in other expertise in the military.
The civilian Divers work in private diving companies, diving expedition team, search and rescue groups, oil companies. Their duties and functions are only similar with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Mechanic Military Jobs