Military Jobs and Careers - Law Enforcement and Security Specialists
The Law Enforcement and Security Specialists are enlisted personnel in the military and they are responsible for investigating crimes that are committed within military bases. They also control traffic, respond to emergencies and direct traffic control.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Law Enforcement and Security Specialists in the military chain of command include:
• Conduct Investigation on crimes such as treason, terrorism, and espionage
• Conduct lawful arrests and also interview the arrested suspects
• Take charge in guarding military installations and correctional facilities
• Conduct patrolling activities on key areas either on foot, patrol vehicles or by boat
• Perform other duties such as controlling fires and controlling riots
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Excellent skills to remain cool in especially difficult situations
• Enthusiasm in crime prevention activities as well as law enforcement
• Desire to risk life even in most dangerous situations
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training. Other course contents which are also advisable are:
• Laws and regulations involving civil and military operations
• Procedures and techniques on evidence collection and investigation
• Topics on discipline and control of prisoners
• Hand to hand combat and use of firearms are also essential topics for training
• Procedures on traffic control as well as on controlling crowd
The Law Enforcement and Security Specialists in the military work in offices in land and onboard ships. They also work outdoors when performing investigations which also depend on the kind of assignment.
The civilian Law Enforcement and Security Specialists work in the federal state, local police forces, intelligence agencies, prisons, and other government and private companies.