Military Jobs and Careers - Intelligence Specialists
Gathering of intelligence information in the military is one basic tool to keep good plans for national defense. Through intel inforation gathering the military would know the location, number of forces and potential battle areas. To effectiviely gather A1 information from the enemy, the Intelligence Specialists use aerial photographs, radar and other electronic equipment, study and evaluate the information and design plans. They are considered enlisted personnel in the organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Intelligence Specialists in the military include:
• Conduct study of foreign ships, missile sites, bases as well as aerial photographs
• Conduct study and evaluation of foreign troop movements
• Use radar and other equipment to interccept foreign military conversation
• Conduct analysis and study in seas and land whiah could become battle sites in times of war
• Retrieve intel data and conduct evaluation using computers
• Make good study of foreign military code so that it would be easy to monitor their movements
• Conduct preventive measures, maintenance and installation of facilities and equipment
• Make maps, charts and other reports of intel gathered
• Spearhead investigation to neutralize national security threats
• Execute other form of intel gathering by conducting interrogation and interview
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Excellent skills on information organizing
• Excellent skills in writing accurately and clearly
• Enthusiasm in intel gatheing and understanding whart it means
• Enthusiasm in accurate reading of charts and maps
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in similar sibjects are helpful attributes in intel gathering practice. Other helpful attributes also includes:
• Aerial planning and analysis on satellite observations
• Preparation of charts, maps and other intelligence reports
• Analysis of aerial photographs necessary to effectively understand intel information
Intelligence Specialists work in office and onboard ships. They also work in tents during tour of duty requires in intel information gathering.
The civilian Intel Officers work in the federal government agencies including Central Intelligene Agency (CIA), or the National Security Agency (NSA). Their duties and responsibilities are only similar with that of the military.