Military Jobs and Careers -
Computer Systems Officers
The Computer Systems Officers in the military are among the most important departments in the organization and almost all the systems and other communication facilities in military installations is run by computers. The Computer Systems Officers direct the control and operations of these computers.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Computer Systems Officers in the military organization include:
• Develop plans and budgets and assess the needs for information technology
• Spearhead in the evaluation of bids and monitoring of contracts
• Make good planning and management of the computer programs
• Conduct analysis on mission requirements as well as to be able to translate these requirements
• Spearhead in the development of computer software programs
• Oversee new computer installations as well as execute good planning
• Lead teams of computer wizards when planning a software program
• Supervise specific program training
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Excellent management skills and managerial capability
• Enthusiasm in helping others succeed in their works
• Enthusiasm in understanding technical works
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training for the job. Other course content that are also ideal are:
• Contract and fiscal management which is very important
• Computer assessments so that the organization would know what are still needed to maximize potentials of the system
• Project management in computer systems so that good results are achieved
The Computer Systems Officers work in offices, and onboard ships. They also travel to other military facilities when the need arises.
The civilian Computer Systems Officers work in private and government offices, industrial and manufacturing firms, colleges and universities. Their works are also the same with that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Information Technology Military Jobs