The military’s proven personnel management is making the organization vibrant. The Personnel Specialists which are considered enlisted men in the military’s chain of command are responsible in collecting records for personnel training, promotion, job assignment, health information and training. They are closely coordinating with service personnel.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Personnel Specialists in the military organization include:
• Maintain personnel records and keep them organized and reviewed often
• Record personnel information and records using computer terminals and other means
• Direct job assignment to personnel
• Make reports, organizational charts and correspondence to keep updated of their records
• Spearhead in providing career guidance to personnel
• Give assistance and help personnel and their respective families in their needs and other concerns
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes business administration, speech and English. Other helpful attributes also includes:
• Excellent skills to write clear instructions and other communication papers so that military personnel are always updated of their present records
• Skills in properly following detailed work load so that results can be satisfactory
• Enthusiasm in closely working with people in the military as well as in the community
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal training for the job include:
• Record keeping of military forms as well as how to prepare them
• Proper management on keeping of military records
• Updates in retrieval operations in the computer and other strategies
The Personnel Specialists work in offices in all military bases all over the globe. They also travel to other military installations when the need arises.
The civilian Personnel Specialists work in private and government offices, big corporations, industrial and manufacturing firms, colleges and universities. Their duties and functions are just the same with that of the military.