Personnel Managers are considered Officer in the military organization. They are responsible in looking for the most qualified for the job as well as direct programs, assign jobs, provide career advice and also the maintenance of records of the working personnel.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Personnel Managers in the military include:
• Make a plan on recruitment to find the most fit individual in the military service
• Spearhead testing and counseling in regards to career in the military organization
• Make a classification of all personnel, whether officers or enlisted personnel, according to job aptitude, service needs and interests
• Spearhead the hiring of personnel to training and available jobs
• Spearhead operations for safe recording of personnel files and other records in the military
• Set standards so that personnel would be identified according to their capability and suitability on specific activities
• Make a research about military jobs and revise plans how they can be integrated into the military organization
• Make a plan whenever the command needs to hire additional personnel
• Design programs that would ensure equality among members in the organization
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes personnel management, industrial psychology, and labor relations. Other helpful attributes also includes:
• Enthusiasm in having good plans helping others to succeed In the process
• Enthusiasm in working with the people whether in the community or in the military
• Enthusiasm in understanding and using the computer
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience are good training attributes. Other course contents which are also good training ground also include:
• Policies, objectives, basics regarding military personnel
• Personnel systems operation using top of the line technology
• Develop programs in career management
• Plans which gives career opportunities for everyone
• Careful management and concept planning
The Personnel Managers in the military organization work in offices. They also travel from military bases when the need arises.
The civilian Personnel Managers work in private and government companies, colleges and universities, big corporations, human resources offices, and other non-government organizations.