The military nurses also play vital role as hospital staff that carry out the monitoring and care of patients everyday, conduct the usual blood pressure examination, and other basic health monitoring activities which they perform everyday. They are considered Officers in the organization.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Registered Nurses in the military organization include:
• Help physicians in carefully implementing the main role in treating the patients in their health care needs
• Spearhead in injecting the patients of antibiotics, pain killers and other medications based on the instructions and prescription of physicians
• Execute the changing of bandages including dressing to patients
• Deliver excellent assistance role to physicians during critical surgery periods
• Give support to patients needing emergency care
• Give excellent care to for patients having mental health problems
• Conducts case studies interview to patients and keep these records for references
• Supervise other nurses, nursing aides and other health care practitioners
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military organization includes:
• Excellent skills in clearly expressing ideas so that patients can easily understand about the treatment process and other things they need to know
• Willingness to understand the needs of others and help them
• Self confidence and readiness to face difficult and stressful situations
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are good training in this kind of jobs. However, there is no training of this kind in the military. Training for registered nurses maybe obtained outside of the organization. Other training also includes:
• Principles and practice in military nursing so that efficiency in the job can be delivered
• Proper care on patients that are emotionally disturbed
• Special health care program execution for children
• Basics in nursing profession
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, anesthesia, and respiratory therapy
The Registered Nurses work in military hospitals and clinics and on board ships. They also travel to other military bases when the need arises.
The civilian registered nurses work in clinics, hospitals, universities and colleges, big corporations, home for the aged and other home care facilities.