Military Jobs and Careers - Physicians and Surgeons
The physicians and Surgeons in the military organization are the lead health care professionals who provide the primary medical services to military personnel, officers and their dependents. They are considered Officers in the military’s chain of command.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Physicians and Surgeons in the military organization include:
• Conduct examination of patients in order to know body abnormalities and functions
• Examine the extent of injury and bodily harm through X-rays, laboratory tests, medical histories and other examination reports
• Design treatment implementation including therapy, medication and surgery
• Direct surgery operations for injured military personnel
• Give advise to patients on their personal habits and health problems which affect their health
• Make coordination with the various activities of Physician’s assistants, nurses, medical specialists and other health care practitioners
• Do researches for the advancement of profession as well as the flow f modern medical technology
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Excellent skills on effective expression of ideas to deliver efficient services
• Willingness to become part of the military community by servicing their health needs
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are helpful attributes for this profession. However, there is no kind of training for them in the military organization. The training would be available in the physician’s organization and other sources.
The Physicians and Surgeons work in military clinics and hospitals, on board military ships. They also travel to other military bases when the need arises.
The civilian Physicians and Surgeons work in private and government hospitals, clinics, colleges and universities, big corporations, manufacturing plants, industrial plants, home for the aged and other home care facilities. Their duties are only the same with that of the same profession in the military.