Military Jobs and Careers -
The military ensures that eye visions of its officers and enlisted personnel is taken cared of properly by investing millions of equipment and employing licensed Optometrists and other optometric technicians and workers. The Optometrists provide diagnosis for eye problems as well as prescribed eye glasses, lenses and other corrective measures. Those patients with proven eye diseases are also referred to Ophthalmologists.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Optometrists in the military chain of command include:
• Conduct vision checking on clients using charts and other effective methods
• Checks Glaucoma in the eyes as well as other diseases
• Check the patients nearsightedness or farsightedness, quality of vision using optical instruments
• Gives recommendations on corrective glasses and other forms of treatment to promote good visions
• Advise on implementing eye muscle strengthening exercises so that proper care and maintenance can be achieved in the process
• Gives instructions on the proper use of contact lenses and eye glasses so that accidents which results from carelessness can be prevented
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job the military includes:
• Willingness to help others improve their eye vision
• Enthusiasm in dealing with works which need accurate details and information
• Preferences for making close coordination with people that needs help
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are ideal to obtain good training.
The Optometrists work in clinics inside military bases and installations all over the globe. They also travel to other installation when the need arises.
The civilian Optometrists work in government and private hospitals, companies that manufacture eye glasses and contact lenses as well as corporate companies that need their services. Their works and expertise are just similar to that of the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Health Care Military Jobs