Military Jobs and Careers -
Nuclear power energy is one of the top developments invented by the military through the expertise of Nuclear Engineers. The Nuclear Engineers are Officers in the organization and they belong to the lead department which produces nuclear research and developments. The military uses nuclear energy to boost their nuclear plants, defenses, and as strategic weapons.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Nuclear Engineers in the military include:
• Spearhead in projects that involve development of power plants, submarines and ships
• Conduct research on the effects of using nuclear weapons
• Lead in developing safety measures in using nuclear weapons
• Assist officials for the creation of policies on the use of nuclear technology
• Lead activities in maintaining power plants so that durability and longevity of the use of these plants will be assured
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military chain of command includes:
• Enthusiasm in engineering concepts and principles so that important details can be easily digested during the learning sessions
• Enthusiasm in directing and planning nuclear projects so that good ideas give satisfactory results
• Enthusiasm in understanding technical work so that the feeling of boredom can be deleted from the minds
• Enthusiasm in working with numbers and other mathematical formulas so that accurate methods can be developed using the formulas discovered in the process of finding for it through various research programs
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related jobs are helpful training attributes. However, at this time there is no available training for this kind of expertise in the military.
The Nuclear engineers work in nuclear labs and they also work onboard ships when the need arises.
The civilian nuclear engineers work in colleges and universities, power utilities, nuclear power plants that manufacture nuclear weapons.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Engineering Military Jobs