The dependability of ships and submarines in the military is very vital component. Thus, its speed, stability and strength are always looked up to by Marines Engineers. They are Officers in the organization and they always see to it that the military’s ships and submarines are designed according to the requirements of speed, stability and strength. The military have invested millions of dollars every for the purchase, repair and maintenance of its ships and other water crafts.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Marine Engineers in the military organization include:
• Conduct research on how they would be able to look for new design for ship hulls
• Spearhead in testing how to salvage equipment as well as test shipboard combat
• Supervise repair, and building of equipment and ship hulls so that right specifications are meet
• Spearhead programs that would help naval engineering dilemma and immediately implement solutions when they able to observe lapses in ship building
• Prepare technical papers and supervise marine research that helps enhance new designs and new materials needed in establishing highly dependable ships and other water crafts
The field of study which is helpful in this kind of job in the military includes:
• Highly skilled in research planning and organizing
• Enthusiasm in understanding ship building, methods and procedures
• Enthusiasm in doing technical works
Classroom instructions as well as actual experience in related job are still ideal for good training in this kind of job. However, this time there is no available training for this job in the military.
Marine Engineers work in military marine’s shipyards but occasionally travel to places to supervise and monitor ongoing building of new ships to see it that right specifications are implemented by the contractors.
The civilian Marine Engineers work in shipping companies, machinery manufacturers, shipbuilding companies, and commercial shipping firms. Their work functions with that of the military’s marine engineers are only the same.