Military Jobs and Careers -
Communications Equipment Operators
The Communicators and Equipment Operators in the military chain of command are enlisted personnel. Since the military has sophisticated communication gadgets to transmit communications all over the globe and during battle with enemies, the Communicators Equipment Operators handle this equipment with their proven expertise. They handle communication gadgets such as antennas, telephones, radios, and other complex devices.
The usual duties and responsibilities of Communications Equipment Operators in the military include:
• Handle transmission and encoding of messages according to military protocols and procedures
• Handle decoding of important and classified messages
• Take charge in the operations of various communication gadgets such as network switches, phone switch boards, etc.
• Install communication equipment in areas needed to provide better transmission of orders to the ground commanders and vice versa
• Take charge in monitoring calls
• Use state of the art computers and communication signals, electronic and other warfare gadgets
• Spearhead in installing communication equipment and repairs them when malfunctions
The field of study which is helpful subject matters for this kind of job in the military organization includes English and Speech communication. Other helpful attributes also include:
• The skills to retain coolness in times of difficult and risky situations
• Enthusiasm in receiving codes as well understanding with these codes
• Enthusiasm in handling with various sophisticated communication equipment
Classroom instructions as well as advance training on specialized courses are helpful attributes for good training. Course modules for training also include:
• The use of the most sophisticated and complex communication equipment in the military chain of command
• Security in communications
• Encoding and decoding the transmitted messages
The Communication Equipment Operators can work either in the office or on board military ships and other military installations.
The civilian counterparts of Communication Equipment Operators work in big business, airports, telephone companies, fire bureaus, police stations. They are very similar with that work in the military.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Communications Military Jobs