Military Jobs and Careers -
Artillery and Missile Officers
In the world it is the United States of America which has the most sophisticated artilleries and war machines such as guided missiles, cannons and other top of the line armaments. All these need the expertise of professionals like the Artillery and Missile Officers. These people in the military take center stage in the use of the most sophisticated weapons man has ever invented.
The usual duties and functions of Artillery and Missile Officers in the military chain of command include:
• Lead in special trainings for the missile crew members to have expertise in the use of sophisticated weapons
• Supervise in firing control especially the proper procedures
• Choose the place where the missiles should be targeted and do some coordination with other combat units in the field
• Supervise missile crew members in the maintenance of equipment system
• Lead in the testing of artilleries as well as inspecting the missile firing system
• Spearhead operations in the missile sites
Field of study which is very helpful in this kind of job include computer science, physics, engineering, public administration. Other helpful subjects include:
• The skills to study complex procedures in missile operations and other war equipment
• The skills to motivate members of the missile crew as well as infantry
• The skills to remain call in times of difficult situations
Classroom instructions on related subject matters are still best for this kind of job in the military, as well as knowledge and experience learn during the stay in the military organization. Content course which can be helpful includes:
• Strategies in artillery management
• Handling procedures in the proper use of ammunitions
• Proper procures I missile targeting
• The procedures in security coding and authentication
• Lunch operations of the missiles and other war machines
• Maintenance of sophisticated machines
The Artillery and Missile Officers work in different locations especially during training and exercises. They work, eat and stay in the field in all weather conditions.
There is no equivalent to this position in the civilians but the leadership skills and other good learning learned can be best used in civilian life.
Back to: All Military Jobs - Combat Operations Military Jobs